Sunday, October 19, 2008

Posting an Event Promo on You Tube

I attended ConvergeSouth, a blogging users' conference last week, and learned that the more you can use video, the better. Earlier in the week, I taped Dr. Doug Knight, physics instructor, at Mitchell Community College in Statesville as he cut a 1 minute promo for the Bell & Howard Chevrolet Pumpkin Chunkin' Competition that will be held on Saturday, November 1, beginning at 8:30 a.m. in Statesville, North Carolina.

I have posted video from my phone, but this was my first from an HD camera. So I had to go through a learning curve. First came the editing - that was easy. Then came the actual posting. My camera uses a .pds file. You Tube, Quicken, Microsoft, etc. don't recognize that extension. So, it took me quite awhile to figure out what to do. But when I did, the posting was very easy.

Here it is:

No comments: