Thursday, October 23, 2008

Pumpkin Fest Offers Art Class New Challenge

STATESVILLE, NC – The 8th grade art class at American Renaissance Middle School in Statesville was chosen to participate in a media preview event to promote the 6th Annual Crossroads Pumpkin Fest. The media preview was held on Friday, October 24 and was called “The Great Heads of Statesville Exit Poll.” Here art student Benjamin Waugh draws a picture of presidential candidate John McCain. (Double click on photo to make it full screen.) Engineering and physics students from Mitchell Community College built catapults and hurled pumpkins drawn to look like selected candidates. The gourds that flew the farthest predicted the outcome of the November 4 general election.
###

Now wouldn't you know it --- I am not a photographer. I took all kinds of shots the morning I visited the classroom. Afterwards, I took my camera to the local daily paper's photographer and asked him to pick out what he thought was useful. After I uploaded my images, this was the only one that worked. Others were fuzzy somewhere.

No comments: